Cliffsend Neighbourhood Plan Area

Amenities

A railway line passes through the village at the Cliffsend level crossing, dividing the village into two (but there is no station). Traffic and pedestrians pass from one side of the railway to the other via a narrow lane. Virtually all of the village amenities are in the South side of the village.

The village has one petrol station on its south-side, on the A256, currently run by Jet. The station also acts as a local convenience store with a Pay Point.

The village has a local community-run convenience store (situated in an extension of the Village Hall) which also contains a local post-office. This post-office is strongly supported by local residents, and was the only post office to be saved from closure nationally during the closure scheme in 2008.

The community run Village Hall in the centre of the south side of the village in Foads Lane was built 1968. It has a capacity of 100 persons, and is available for hire for functions; it has a small car park behind it.

The Anglican parish church of St Mary is also in Foads Lane. Originally a Methodist church it was rented by the Church of England from the early 1930s, eventually being bought in 1956.

Both a garage service and a separate Oil Refinery service exist in private family run businesses on the old A299 in the North of the village.

The village has a local golf club, St Augustine's GC; the entrance is situated next to St Augustine's Cross , which is situated less than quarter of a mile West of the village. It has a bar for those using the golfing facilities. It is also available for functions.

There is a single public house - The Sportsman Inn - which provides meals during the week lunch and evening periods, as well as over weekends. It is also available for functions.